Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

It is hard to believe that it has been a month since I updated the blog....a big sorry to those of you who may have been concerned..just remember, no news is good news...most of the time, anyway.

We have been playing the waiting game and have finally gotten Neil in with a surgeon in Los Angeles. We went in to consult with him last week and he ordered up an MRI of Neil's middle back. When we met with him this week to go over all of the scans, past and present, he informed us that yes, he saw damage but the scans were basically "grainy and useless." this included the one we had done just this Tuesday morning. We are now awaiting authorization for another scan. I am hoping that the next one goes well and that we can get on with the road to recovery.

For Valentines Day Neil and I spent the night at a hotel since we were to be getting up super early for doctors and lawyers visits and were hoping to have "date night" in style... Ie. no kids! Ha ha...so I book this lovely hotel room online, won't give you the exact company we used but it may or may not have something to do with a certain former sci fi character...anywho, we get there after a long draining day to find that it is in fact a "backpackers haven"...a hostel. Well, after some eye rolling a giggling we get our pre paid room, our "freebie schedule" and headed through the hairy hippy's. I have nothing against hippy's..I often get mistaken for one...but these are the one's who just don't care if they smell of the earth, who really should wear patchouli oil, but don't, who are very eager to touch you...etc.. Needless to say, we did have a good time, even though we just went to our room, didn't partake in the community festivities and giggled about the room..broken remote, hide a bed, tub drain that fills up in less than ten minutes to the top..thought we were going to flood the place, dressers and cabinets missing knobs to where you couldn't hardly open them, a bed that squeaked so loudly you felt like you were in an adult film but where only trying to get comfy...it was a sight...but hey, they gave out free cookies twice a day, free coffee, free champagne, and free dinner...it is a memory that will remain with us for life...a reminder to never take anything too seriously and boy did it make me thankful for my own bed!

I will keep you posted about the outcome of the doctor's visit and let you know what we are to expect. I don't really care much for Los Angeles but will gladly put up with it for a while if it is a means to an end...love to you all! Xoxo

4 comments:

Barry and Joyce said...

Good to hear from you and we are glad all is well.
Hmmm, about the hotel lobby. i do not handle these fine people very well. If you got your clothes last year, smell like a resturant dumpter, and believe in the myan callender, well that is just fine. Likely in that lobby I would be backed up against the wall, near the exit door, with a hot shot in my hand. Yes i love you too, just not today.
EE-rr-ee-rr went the metal box spring every time one of us moved in a motel bed near billings Mo. one time when Joyce went with me when I was still working. I ment to treat her to something other than sleeper cab while waiting for appointment tp pick up rolled paper.We laughed, wished we were back in sleeper, threw matress on the floor, and slept from then on.
I did not know there was such a thing as grainey mri's. How about focusing the camera. I don't know. Neil, this will end! and it will go in your favor, because that is who you are. We love you all dearly. Barry

Aireus said...

Well its been a while sense we have heard anything from you. How are things going? We have our boat all pulled apart and redoing the steering and what not. Just put new stanchions up yesterday. We only have two left to do. I have the GOOD netting done on one side now for the other side. Hope all is well with everyone.WE should be ready to haul it out next month. Then we are going to give up our slip and live where ever the wind takes up for a few months up here. And take our time heading south. I want to go to the islands for a month or so.And take my father with us when we go over there. He lives In Oxnard Ca. OK enough for now let us know whats going on. Your slacking again lol

Aireus said...

OKAY whats going on now??

Aireus said...

Barry, Did you and Joyce go back home? If not I'm makeing a run to the store today. I looked for your number on my phone but cant find it. And Tiffin How are things going with Neil and the family?