Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feels like spring...

I forget sometimes that not everybody is familiar with the idea of living on a boat let alone the concept of doing so. When I was bringing groceries to the dinghy from the jeep the other day a family of four from Riverside started asking me twenty questions.
 
Usually I get some basic routine questions but they were like "amazed" that the boats they saw in the water, "out there", had people, families, dogs even...living on the water. They had never even entertained the idea of anyone doing so, let alone enjoying it.
 
I got a huge kick out of it as I encouraged the two daugthers to take their shoes and socks off and take advantage of the low tide, the large amount of seaweed, and the ample supply of fresh shells. One comment they made had me chuckling...when asked if I had any children, I replied, "Yes, two teenagers in fact." They said, "Wow! They must be so popular....they are so lucky!"
 
I made sure to relay this message to Katie and Stewart when they were asked to go to shore to fill and return the two five gallon water tanks....they are sooooo lucky, and I am their biggest fan! muwahaha...they didn't see the humor in it the way I did.... but they do enjoy it.
 
 
Katie is almost ready to make it onto the "active" team with roller derby. She also is a bit bummed as she only has about 5 months left and then she will no longer be on the junior team. They have told her that she is going to make a great "Derby Doll" and she is hoping to coach the younger girls. I am,WE are very proud of her. She really is a great positive roll model for the girls..the younger ones and the adults...as "Hippie Check   #777." She has been a great addition to the league and may have a promising future in the sport as it is gaining popularity worldwide.
 
Here are a few of the "Dollinquents."

This is a collage of the last bout. 


Living in such a fair weather place has it's perks...
 
 
 
 
 
 skate boards take the place of sleds and I really don't miss the snow...I make "sandmen" instead.
 
 
 
Neil is doing better but still hobbling along with a cane. At the last doctor's visit we were quite startled to hear that his "healing process" was just beginning...I was like "Wha???" Yes. This was not what Neil wanted to hear but then again it was good as he has been a little frustrated with the progress so far. We will see him again in a few weeks but for now we are making sure that he gets plenty of low impact exercise as much as he can handle and doesn't push it too hard. We still have to recover from this and then we can look at his lower neck. Winnie ("Weenie") is his little sidekick. She is always there next to him and doesn't mind the slower pace.
 
 
 
 





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found out yesterday that I have to have surgery on my neck my lt knee and my implants because of being rearended 13 days after surgery by a commercial truck. C-1-C7 are messed up. I have a very large tear in my knee with a 4cm baker cyst. Hope he feels better soon. The people who were suppose to bring the camera stole it and abandoned there boat down there and went back to Oregon. Sorry about that. Oh well Its life full of surprises. Take care HUGS to everyone. Vicki

handfull said...

Oh my Vicki, I just read your comment and I am so incredibly sorry but glad you are going to get something going to fix you up! I will be calling you this week...sending all my love, Tiff