Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Ice Cream

Thank you for praying for my mom. She is doing well and from what I hear suffered a back injury which landed her in the hospital with a "saddle block." They kept her for a few days and sent her home fully medicated. I feel bad that she hurt herself but glad that it wasn't too horrible.
  (mom and dad below)




This weekend we got to meet up with Cap'n Jack Spot. I am sure you F Dockers remember Jack. Well, he helped a buddy move a boat from Santa Barbara to San Diego and is planning on bringing his own sailboat down here for the winter. So if you are keeping track, Former F Dockers now living in San Diego...soon to be:Three.( haha). He is doing well and may start up a diving service here modeled after another diving service that didn't do too bad up north...what was the name again? Ship..? Shapeshifters? No..Bottom Buddy's? Ugh, just can't remember, but between you and me, I thought the diver was "a Hottie!" (smirk, giggle). Either way, "Good luck to you Jack!"




The weather is doing that funny thing now where you feel like drinking coffee on the deck in a  beefy blanket wanting to buy pumpkin's and plan Christmas gifts in the mornings. By afternoon your shorts are on, and ice cream sounds good. So because of this I am craving pumpkin ice cream from Half Moon Bay. I can't complain though as it is still so much warmer here than San Fran..I am just a big ole woose now!!Now, back to the ice cream..If you are still up that way, you must try it, oh it's delicious!! In fact the kid's have told me that if we head up for a visit soon that it is imperative that we stop in, just for the ice cream and bring home a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch! I will not fight it too much as I thought it would be pretty cool too...I become an even bigger kid in the patch.."Look at this one! Let's get it! No wait, this one! No..." you get the idea, haha!
(see pic below..and old one but you get the idea)



My doctor's visit went well. They think I may not be producing enough anti bodies to ward off evil spirits, ie..the common cold...so, in a few weeks we will know. The result may be monthly i.v's full of antibodies from over 20,000 others, and given to me. Result? I may become super human! I really hope that they can do something a little less severe and more travel friendly but will do what they say. It is a fluke kind of thing and unusual, which fits in with my life...ie, a bit unusual...

Neil goes in this week to start some physical therapy and we hope to get some "set in stone" plans for non surgical recovery. They are still leaning towards surgery, but we will do what we can to avoid it for now even though it is still on the table. Fingers crossed.

No comments: