Monday, September 26, 2011

When it rains....

Here is the latest update on the two older crew aboard Hand Full.

Neil is going to have to have surgery. They are trying to get all the details and "permission slips" worked out. We are not sure when this will start but are hoping it will be before the end of the year. The good news is that it should provide a lot of relief to Neil and hopefully he will be rid of a lot of unnecessary pain. The down side: each surgery (three in total if all goes smooth) will require some serious down time. We are looking at all our options and may lean towards getting a flat somewhere down south here. There is a lot to think about but not to worry as nothing will be sprung on us and it all has to be planned far in advance.

As far as for myself....

Well it turns out the reason why I got sick so easily is because my body makes no antibodies, at least not right now, nor do they know for how long. This makes me 100% vulnerable to everything.

Solution: I will begin taking IV antibodies once a month. A sort of super solution of antibodies from thousands of individuals...as noted in a previous blog. My first big day is October 6th. I am excited and nervous but more excited to get some "good stuff" in me.

I will also be undergoing several tests, some invsive, some not that will clear up any other questions or concerns the doctors may have. I now have my very own set of "house" doctors at the Immunology Division at UCSD.

So there you have it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, we are enjoying ourselves and each other, as always.

When it rains it pours, but I don't mind a little "singing in the rain."  I just don't like hail! :o)`

2 comments:

Aireus said...

Oh I'm so sorry that Neil has to have surgery. That sucks. And you wow that sucks too. Hope you all feel better soon. Hey did you go to the beach and watch the dogs surf? It made the news up here. Take care Vicki and the crew

handfull said...

we didn't catch it in person but did see it on the news...there is always so much going on down here that it's hard to keep up..right now there are a ton of art and food festivals not to mention the pub crawls and concerts...not a bad place to be that's for sure! hope you are all well and hope to see you round the pool soon!