Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dinner with a great friend

Last night we had dinner with a great friend named Bob who owns one of the loveliest looking wooden schooners I have seen. He re built this classic and has put his heart and soul into her over the years. Bob is an experienced sailor who has been all over the world and has even won a few races here in the bay. It was a great privelage to have dinner with him in his house. I was completely fascinated by all of his "knick knacks" that he had picked up from the various islands and countries he has been to. Along with his journeys he was and is a phoenominal photographer and I learned a thing or two about lighting. It realy put the whole reason why we are doing what we are doing into perspective as we watched a few short films on sailing and heard some of his stories. I can't wait to be able to experience that with my family.

No comments: