Sunday, March 7, 2010

Calibrating the Auto Pilot

I forgot to mention on Saturday that we took the boat out into the Harbor for a quick test run. We calibrated the new auto pilot system and radar. I feel a bit like a spoiled little rich kid now! It was great to see everything working properly and how nice it is going to be to be able to maneuver the boat from inside the cabin if necessary. We can adjust coarse from two locations with ease. The chart plotter with use of the radar will actually veer out of the way of an obstacle than back on coarse when it is no longer "seen". I think this is so neat. I have never had anything like this on a boat and well...did I mention that I feel like a spoiled little kid now? :0)


3 comments:

Stacy said...

AWESOME! Daisy sure looks happy aboard!

Stacy said...

I am really enjoying being able to SEE you guys!!'

handfull said...

She loves it! Especially when the sun is out!