Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunshiny Days






Last weekend we were pleasantly surprised by the visitation of some of our friends here on anchorage. It is one thing to be on a shared dock with your boating buddies but when they make a trip just to say hello and see whats up, it is heart warming to say the least. We were happy to see our friend Ken from "Aquilla" whom I thoroughly enjoyed hearing his tales of crossing the ocean a few years ago. Ken got handed a puppy, instead of the usual beer, aboard and it was a short but lovely chat. "Thanks for stopping by Ken!"( not to worry we still have all the puppys!)

The next morning, Neil and I were "busted" for sleeping in. Our fun friends aboard "TallyWacket", Jim and Kara, got on their loud speaker from their "power yacht" and announced what sounded like "wake up!". Stewart jumped up and met them on the back deck while Neil and I got our butts up...hey sometimes we get to sleep in and not just the kids!!

It was a real shame to find out they had come down for a visit and dinner the night before not realizing we were anchored out. Bummer! We were definately surprised and felt very special that we have such loving friends. I am looking forward to getting together with them on Wednesday to catch up and hopefully twist their arms into joining us and Joyce and Barry "Jubilee II" for fun in the sun down south this winter!

After that yesturday was a mixed blessing day taking care of one of our last big business matters (for those of you who know the skinny...thank you for your thoughts and prayers..). All in all it was a good day, but unfortunately we may have to stay a wee little bit longer. Although now, we are going to spend our time doing a little more sailing. I want to go to the Farralons again one more time, and than down to Santa Cruz, Monterey and maybe a little further south this time. Who knows, we may just keep heading south and just take the train back for a few other little piddly things yet to finish. I must say we are definately ready for sunshine to say the least.

The puppys are doing so good. So is Momma (Daisy). They are little eating, sleeping and pooping machines. They are getting big and very playful. They are doing great with the paper training as well. The hard part now is deciding which ones to keep. Originally we wanted just a girl...but the boys...oh they are just so cute. All different personality's. The little boy whom I have nicknamed "Spot" follows me araound everywhere and whines when I leave the room...Oh my..what have we done!!! So we will have the laborous task of making the choices...can we survive with more that 2 dogs aboard a tiny sailboat with 2 kids? haha, don't think for a minute that all of us didn't say "sure we could" at some point...funny...but no, we can't do it, can we?? haha!

This week we will be helping out some friends get some more prep work done. Try to have storage down to nothing, get the car ready to be sold, the puppy's need to have shots soon and need to be chipped..at least the ones we keep...oh geez! now I am back to making the big decision again of whom!!....ok, so I won't think about that just yet....Lot's to do, but all fun and good stuff.

I tell you what, last night I slept so well that I didn't even hear Neil snore!! Now that's a sound sleep! (sorry baby!)...

Oh the sun is coming out!! My heart feels warm and sunny also...it is going to be a good day....and thanks again to all our wonderful friends and adopted family who make every day such a joy! We sure do love you all!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Tiffin,

I wrote yesterday but I see my comment didn't make it. I hope you had a fabulous birthday. I love and miss you. I am so thankful for you. You are a such a beautiful lady and a wonderful mother, wife, sister and friend.

Love

Stacy

handfull said...

Stacy,
I wish I wish with all my heart that.....I can't tell or it won't come true!....But thank you for your kindness and heart warming well wishes. I do love you too! I am glad to have you as my Sister, and friend. Love, Tiffin