Friday, August 20, 2010

Wedding Tomorrow


**above is the view overlooking the wedding site**(beautiful!!)

We didn't quite make it to Jim and Kara's on Wednesday but we were glad to get there yesturday with puppy's in tow. After an afternoon with Joyce and Barry we headed over to Jack London Square to meet up with them. I have to admit going from a roaring windy marina like MBYH in Pt. Richmond to Jack London Square in Oakland it was a night and day difference. I can definately see why they moved their sweet boat over there. It was warm and sunny and well, lovely.

The puppy's had a good time running around there aft enclosed "porch" not quite sure of what their bounderies were. (now we need a bigger back yard...haha). It was good to catch up over beer and pizza.....**I got such a kick out of seeing Jim go and get the delivered pizza at Mach 10 on his segway, it was still piping hot...haha**

For all the happenings going on lately it was sure nice to catch up and talk about the upcoming events. This also put more fire in our pots to hurry up and just take off...speaking of which..**Lori, if you are reading this...I saw your "Camelot" heading down to Alameda...and she is Gorgeous!!...I will harass you on Facebook later over that one and can't wait to do the Baja HaHa with you too!**

Today Neil spent the day helping Barry get ready for some serious wiring for his solar panels and his wind generator...projects....but soon they will be done and we can all relax...

Joyce and I did the girley task of laundry..and well shopping. It was a lot of fun to just be silly, with tasks at hand and just hang out together.

Tomorrow I will have the pleasure of being a bridesmaid at my very first "Hippee Wedding." I am very curious to see the combination between "Hippee and Deep Sea Fisherman." It will be a very special union, and one that I am sure I will not forget for a long time to come...so everyone...."we wish you the very best, Aubrey and Crystal."

After the wedding we will get the boat ready to take her into the bay one last time. This time we will be returning to the marina in which we got started almost 5 years ago with our first boat. We will spend the next week getting our storage emptied, our boat loaded, our car sold, and our 2 puppys to their new homes...well maybe one more week after that...and than....well, than....we are done....no more attatchments for the most part...and what little will be left, well....wow! We will be free. It is a bit overwhelming so for now, I focus on the wedding tomorrow.

It will be a beach front wedding in front of the "Mavericks" waves followed by a real seafood fest and a good combination of different backgrounds coming together for a celebration of 2 souls. It will be like a Lennon Song......."People say I'm a dreamer.....but I'm not the only one....I hope some day they will join us.....and the world will live as one...." (Imagine). That song will be playing in my head tonight as I try to go to sleep.....it was a good song....hmmm hmmmm hmmmmmmmmm....

No comments: