Sunday, March 6, 2011

home again home again

I can say that we are glad to be done with the deposition. I was thankful that they let me stay in the room and be a fly on the wall during the whole ordeal. It gave Neil a bit of comfort, even though I had to stay quiet. Anyone who knows me, knows that remaining quiet is sooooooo hard for me! I was thankful when the lawyer handed me a notebook, a pen, and a nod...I was able to write my words that I felt needed to be freed, than doodle over...phew! Neil did very well. It was very hard not to become overly emotional when talking about his injury, how it's affected him, us, and our plans etc...After it is all said and done, I think we will be ok, and Neil will hopefully come out of it after some physical therapy and treatment with some success. I know he will not be as before, but we will take what we can get...forwards,even if slow, is better than backwards.

That being said it was nice to get away, sit in the hot tub while the kids swam. I also enjoyed the pool. It still seems so bizzare to be swimming outdoors in the middle of winter and not be freezing! I like it alot! I was also glad that the dog's did very well being alone for a few days. They still had plenty of water, food and treats. Since they are paper trained it made it very nice to know that there was not going to be a huge mess when we came back...that being said....ya, they did pull practically everything off of the top shelf trying to peek out of the windows. I am not sure how Foster got up there, as it is about 3 feet from the couches, but he did it..and yes we know it had to be him! ha ha. I took the cushions off the couch when we left and put them on the V Berth. I brought in the very durable and 100% washable cockpit cushions inside...it worked out perfectly and we were back to normal within 10 minutes of returning!

This was a good little test and the main reason that we opted for Daisy to have pups...no one was freaked out, and they weren't tramatized to be alone as long as they had each other...this will be great when we head to little islands that will not allow dogs on shore.

This week we plan on heading back to Mission Bay and are deciding whether or not to sail up to Los Angeles for a week or so. There was so much we didn't get to see. I do know that we will need to be here in the area for a while so we are going to start taking some week long trips while we wait.

Thank you to all of you who prayed and shared happy thoughts and well wishes with us...we are not done yet, but the first big hurdle is over and done with. Our love to you all goes out with big hugs and kisses attatched.

2 comments:

Aireus said...

I cant believe you stayed quite. I like you cant keep my mouth shut. Were you able to write questions and have the lawyer ask them for you. What happens next?

handfull said...

i asked a lot of questions afterwards. now we wait. this is lag one, it looks like our next battle of the legal eagles will be in june...i will call you with the details later on this week! thanks for your support, and yes! it was very hard not to speak up...talk about biting your lip! haha! glad its over!