Wednesday, March 23, 2011

San Bernardino

Our trip to San Bernardino went very well. Neil went in for his MRI. He has a few other appointments later this week but most of it will be local, thank goodness.

While he was in the doctor's office the kid's and I were looking for something to do. It was rainy and cold outstide so any "touring" was out. We saw a Chuck E Cheese and I said, "Hey, wanna play some games?" to which my two teenagers both replied, "Mother! That's for Babies!!" "Oh, right." I didn't pout too much, I mean after all it's not like I wanted to go in there...haha..

Around the corner we saw a bowling alley with a pool hall attatched. I must say back when I was their age up until I finished school I was at the local pool hall ALOT..so I offered that up as a suggestion and was met with two enthusiastic "Sure!"(s) from the back seat of the rental car. Off we went and we had a realy fun time. After a few rounds I went to pick up Neil and we came back and spent a few more hours there. Neil and Katie soon became the cheering squad as Stewart and I were in a head to head match of nine ball, than eight ball...he eventually got me, 5 games to 4.

I have to say that I miss my kid's being little, but at the same time, it was so neat to just "hang out" and enjoy them as young adults.

I am a very blessed lady indeed.


4 comments:

Barry and Joyce said...

Great photo's of katie and Stewart in the pool hall. Stewart and his "hustler look", and katie with the most georgous hair in the world. I am taken back by how much they have grown in just 6-7 months. Barry

handfull said...

i agree..must be the sunshine! :0) we had fun and are looking forward to going again soon!

Stacy said...

Oh, Katie is so beautiful and Stewart so handsome! I have to agree with Barry, I was a bit taken back by how much they have grown since I was there. What the heck happened? That was DECEMBER!!

I love you guys so much! I always enjoy reading your blogs.

love,
Sis/Aunt Stacy

handfull said...

its not a trick camera..they really have grown! stewart is going to pass me up by summer i am pretty sure, and katie is, well, a young woman! sigh~