Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Wednesday already!!

My goodness the days, although longer, are flying by at record speed. We had a great time with our great friends on Easter Sunday. The kids and the adults all had plenty of sugary treats for sure! I noticed in my "latter years" that I don't get the sugar rush like the kids do..more like a sugar crash!

Monday it was business as usual. Neil has gotten most of the fiberglassing done on the dodger. He has reinforced the edges 5 fold and a couple more layers all over. We want that puppy to be strong. With the sides up out back it has been great for making a little workspace for glassing while the weather is rainy. (my "porch" is now officailly "Neil's garage!" haha). Very thankful.

Since we have been here we have enjoyed "Taco Tuesdays" at "The Boiler House" with the local yocals. When we all show up it's like walking into an episode of "Cheers", or at least it is starting to become that way. It's always lot's of fun catching up the weeks events over good food. This time it was: Barry and kids Ian and Kira, James (Dreamgirl), Eileen (Svendsens new hire..pop in and say "Hi"-she is the sparkly red head!), Jim (Warrior) and a few others who just happened to be there. Needless to say we closed the place down.

This week has been a dedicated paperwork week. I had lost data in my business files and am having a wonderful time going through old receipts and invoices to replace what was lost. So far I only have 3 more months to go! UGH! I am not a lover of banging on a keyboard and number crunching all day. Time to pay the tax man. (UGH! again!). We also have a lot of big orders coming in for clients and we are getting ready with our final list of "must haves" from the upcoming boat show next week.

Looks like we are going to be here a little longer than we want to....but boy are we trying to make it out. Everyday here is making for great anticipation. We are soooooooo ready. We can't wait. We are dreaming about it. We are talking about it all the time (sorry for those of you who are sick of hearing about it already!). Everything I look at in the stores, I ask, "how will this hold up? where can I stow it? do I realy need this?"...etc.

It's coming.........

No comments: