Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Well I love a rainy night..hoo hoo."

As the title of the blog goes...I love a rainy night. Anyone remember that song? (that dates me a bit! haha).

The rain is here along with the wind. If anyone has ever slept on a boat they will understand what I mean when I say..."I love sleeping aboard when its nasty outside."

The boat rocks gently side to side. The wind howls through the shrouds. The rain taps loudly, but not too loud. Back and forth...making it incredibly hard to pull yourself out of the bed. Warm cozy covers...ya...thats the ticket!

On anchorage there is a bit more rocking than in the slip. That makes it even better. Even in good weather in a fairly sheltered anchorage you seem to have that gentle sway, like a mother rocking her infants crib.....maybe thats why we call vessels "Her's, and She's." (although I am sure I will hear all the other reasons for it now!).

I hope that everyone is having a great day today, no matter what the weather!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Eddie Rabbit about 1981. =)

handfull said...

Thank you Stace, now I will have to make sure I download that one before I go...any more music suggestions? I would love to hear some..I am in an 80's kind of mood right now.. :0)

Stacy said...

I have lots of songs from my ipod playlist listed on Shutterfly... Add at your own risk. Ha, ha! When I am in an 80's mood, ELO "I'm Alive" is a good start.

handfull said...

Oh mY GoodNess! I have never met anyone who has made the "Electric Light Orchestra" reference...yepp, I am a fan....Makes me want to dress up like Olivia Newton John and skate-dance like "Xanadu!" I went to her restaurant in Surfers Paradise, Brisbane, Australia in the 80's. It was an old "Grease" kind of joint with skates on the waitresses and poodle skirts...named "Olivias." It was neat! I wonder if it is still there...

Stacy said...

Too funny! That sounds like a blast! Maybe Neil told you, but a couple of the girls on my block (me included) used to dress up like Olivia Newton Jonn in the video for "Physical" and lip synch to it during sleep-overs. For some reason I even had the goofy leotard and everything. (That must have been a hand-me-down from a cousin.) Neil may not remember. It seems like this was only at my friend's house. (No brothers around.)