Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunday is the Day!

We will stay until Sunday as Saturday is the fireworks show. Than off on Sunday for our systems test. So far everything looks to be in good order. A check this morning and I can easily send blog updates.."success." The dodger is finished aside from paint. This will have to wait until either A) the weather gets better or B) we head south into nicer weather and finish her up with all the fresh paint we can put on her. She is looking pretty shabby cosmetics wise, but sound as a pound otherwise! My sewing is coming along. I get one thing done and Neil (yes Neil...haha) keeps coming up with new things for me to cover. I am officially done with my original 40 yards of sunbrella and getting ready to crack open the last 25 yard roll.

Today I was all "Hell, Fire and Damnation" as my sewing machine is starting to show the wear and tear of intense activity. That and some of the projects have become a bit more complex. I am no seamstress and it is testing me...but after some "choice words" and an afternoon glass of something cold, it was back to work. Some is pretty good and some, well lets just say if you are looking that close...I'll make you walk the Plank! ~haha~

Tomorrow it will be a game of tetris to fit every little thing we need or want or think we need or want into our little vessel. Neil has had a day of sorting tools, stores, parts, etc. It was a bit frustrating today when we realized our gas power hookah for diving was bigger than we thought so it will be a challenge to put it in a safe and dry place that won't put more weight in the rear...yes our boat has a weight problem..in the rear...( big butt bertha!). Soon enough that will change as we try and distribute things better. This may mean tools near the tv. and clothes in the rear. Canned and dry foods near under the kids beds and toilet paper, well in the bathroom of course!

All in all it will be nice to know exactly what is onboard at all times. I am amazed at some of the things I found hidden away. I had a bit of a chuckle when I found some of the things I kept, and sad when I found some of my treasures had gotten moisture to it. Oh well, it is just "stuff." Now I will take greater care to check on my stuff more often.

So that about wraps up our day. I am going to post pictures tomorrow on both sites. A big Thank You to all for the encouraging words.

No comments: