Monday, July 5, 2010

getting ready to go


I, like most women, do not mind a little shopping, but when you are having to think of what to eat, drink, and stay clean with for months at a time it can be a little daunting! It was kind of humorous to see me, in my grubby clothes, pushing a cart (barely) filled to the rim with cans. We went to inner Richmond to one of the cheapest grocery stores to get most of the canned foods. Costco is great for most, but we like to have a little more variety than 50 cans of corn!! I got plenty of stares walking around with 2 carts, especially in todays economy. I felt like I was glowing green! This was in addition to a Costco run for ample supplies of wet ones, ziploc baggies and other things. I wonder just how long it will take to go through 1500 Q tips? Altogether we brought down 6 cart loads to the boat. I know that we still have the car for a little while longer but I wanted to get the biggest majority of heavy bulk on now.

The boat was sitting heavy afterwards. Since we will be getting rid of everything else after our haul out in a few weeks we went ahead and got the big stuff done. It has been a pretty exciting event to know that we are going to be on the hook from here on out, for the most part.

No comments: