Friday, July 16, 2010

Life and Relaxation

It occurred to us the other day that we really have not had much of a vacation time with the whole family together in quite a while...so to take advantage of "being free", we really have not made a whole lot of progress on the boat this week other than getting the gen set and Neil put an exhaust fan in the bathroom...just like Joyce and Barry's, solar powered....now that we are on anchorage and not always running to the "head" onshore as often as we would like, this adds to the ventilation needed for us all to co-exist aboard. haha(it makes the foul smells disapear...not to mention it helps remove moisture out of the bathroom whose door is usually closed anyway).

We had some old friends pop in this week and went "crabbing" and scored a very large crab that will be in addition to clam chowder for dinner....I am enjoying the fresh caught cod and other fish freely available here in Half Moon Bay and may pick up an Abalone tomorrow, mainly because I am curious of the taste.

Before, I was never a "huge" fan of seafood..before meaning when I was in the mountains...if it wasn't beef, chicken, pork, or game??? Fresh fish was hard to come by unless you had the time to river fish for say, trout or lake fish for perch and pike....We never had time...Now, I am all over it!

We have enjoyed the freedom and comfort associated with our boat. It is so different to be living on the hook, away from everything, but not really. It is hard to explain. It does, however, remind me of living in the remote areas of the mountains in various Northwest States, and just enjoying the simplicity and seclusion of being so far from anyone or anything, yet close when you wanted it to be so.

I have traded my mountains on land for mountains on the sea and am very content with the decision!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so jealous of your fresh seafood. Just wait until you get to those tropical islands and get the wonderful fruit. My favorite part of Maui wa the pineapple. I am going to come see you guys when you get somewhere I can visit.

Wish me luck. I am on my way to defend my title as top lady pole climber at the Montana Lineman's Rodeo.

Stacy said...

Update: I won. Whoo hoo!

handfull said...

The fruit! oh my yes! I am very happy that mangos and avacados are 2 things that are readily available down south..I could live for days off of avacado's. As to the contest..WAY TO GO STACY!! You da man! (Line Man! haha!).