Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sailing San Diego Style

Today we took "Hand Full" out for the full tour of the bay. This was a different experience as the "bay" is quite a bit smaller than San Francisco Bay. There is only one bridge to cross under and hardly any current to speak of. The wind is fairly light and there are a LOT of power boats zipping by...(Joyce it is like perfect lazy day sailing weather).  We took and sailed past the various shipyards which I am sure some of our friends who are military enthusiasts will enjoy as well. The boys took turns with the binoculars and it was cute to watch and hear them talk "ship".

( Jim and Kara if you are still reading the blog I have to tell you that I think I have seen about 20 BIG yachts that would make you drool...I swear one of them had a pool on top!!haha )

I hope to explore the city if there is time and see what the wharf is like here. I still haven't gotten used to the amount of military pressence both on the water and in the air.

Daisy, Winnie and Foster enjoyed the easy sail. Daisy sat up in her lookout spot as we passed by the ships being built or repaired. The pups also had a good time wrestling topside.

While sailing past the city we happened to look across and saw that the "Sand Man" had left his mark on the shore. That guy really gets around! It was a good relaxing day. It was warm enough that we took down all of the side panels. It was great to feel the warm wind in my face...until night, than I had to put them back up as I am now an official "woose" and start to get cold and have to put my hat and scarf on when it drops below 62 degrees!!haha...(Stacy I don't know how you do it....you deserve a medal!).

Tonight we are back on anchorage. We are going to be going to the meetings setup for the Baja Ha Ha fleet tomorrow followed by a costume party. It will be neat to meet everyone. Some we have only spoken to briefly so I am looking forward to having a bit more time to chit chat.....oh and as far as the costumes go, watch out!  I will have my camera ready!

And now for more photos....I am taking advantage of my internet card....while I still have it so enjoy the eye candy!...(not that kind!!haha).
















No comments: