Saturday, October 16, 2010

sick but sailing

Well we spent one more night in Santa Cruz...yep we are sick with the flu. The kids, who were still feeling good, went to shore to play in the arcade for a couple of hours while Neil and I took naps.

Today we left around 9 am.

We are heading straight out and then south.

I think we will be putting in a few hundred miles before we head back in.

I am excited!

If the wind is steady we can set the windvane autopilot and take long naps in hopes of getting over this nasty bug.

Yes I am whiny! I hate being sick! Wha!!! (haha)

I will be updating the blog via SSB.

If you don't hear from us for a few days, no worries...if a week goes by....send the troops!! haha...nah we are more than confident in our little boat and fantastic crew.

The nice thing about our set up is we can all divide the watches so evenly that no one gets overly tired.That is key.

Since we have been delayed so long we will have to make up time now.

So to our friends down south....see you soon!

5 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

I love you guys. Get well. Be safe. I am still following the blog. I haven't had time to comment lately but you're always in my thoughts.
Happy Trails...or SAILS!!!
Love
Stacy

Jada said...

Sorry we could not get together I miss you lots be safe and have a Happy adventure :)

handfull said...

We love you too Stacy!! I hope you can come and see us within this next year...thank you for all your support. I have heard about all your escapades with the cows...that is so awsome! Girl's rock! haha

handfull said...

Jada,

I am sorry too, but we will keep in touch and you never know!! We always seem to find each other. :0)