Friday, October 22, 2010

Week in review


                                     Above is a quick little video Stewart took just before sunset.         



I thought I took more pictures....funny isn't it? The pictures are etched into my memory especially those of the dolphins and the incredible chasing waves. You know, I can't wait to be in those waves again. They really were breathtaking. So much force and energy pushing them on. You can feel really small and insignificant out there, in a good and humbling way. The dolphins made several small appearances after the morning show. Not as showy, but still just so wonderful to see. We are really looking forward to even clearer water so we can see the whole show. We were able to see at least 30 feet down. I didn't realize how much time they spend swimming on their backs...like they were down there looking up at you and saying..."hey, whats up?" haha! .




We had a few gorgeous sunsets. A double raindbow...although it didn't show up as well as we had hoped. Several bouts of lightening and thunder. Rain, wind, no wind, sunshine.....ah the sunshine. It was here the morning we pulled into the Port of San Diego Police Dock. It was shortlived as the clouds settled in around noon. Either way, their "cold days" here are nothing like up north...I'll take it!!










Their is A LOT of Navy and Military activity here! Ships, helicopters, raptors, hmmmm Neil and Stewart should fill in the blank here...but needless to say there is some bad ass stuff here that I would not like to see coming at me!!! haha!

After checking in we made our way passed the city front and over to the anchorage area. It is a litlle ways down and around.but we are in a little town called Coronado. So far I would say it is pretty upscale...we hope to go and check out a few things today with the dinghy. Their are about 8 other Baha boats here too. So that is fun...oh yah, our view is of the bridge, the navy ship yards, and the golf coarse and resort next to the yacht club.


Yesturday after a nap Stewart and I headed into town to see what was around. Lot's of tourists. A huge community pool and rock climb. Several resorts and 5 or 6 very large condo's....we saw a gentlemen with a camera crew taking "glamor shots" of his Nissan car....he even had a shirt with it's picture on it! The town has a lot of artsy fartsy shops (yes!) and a lot of bar and grills. You name the food, they have it. We did find an ACE close by and a VON's. I am relieved about that for any last minute stuff.

So now that we are all rested up here are some pictures for you to look at and thank you for the comments and emails. We do really love hearing from you all....don't be shy! Oh and please disreguard my "poofy hair"...I had been wind blown for a few days and well......haha! I did spend a lot of time in the hammocks with pup's on my lap!

No comments: