Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The weather outside is.....frightfully warm!!

A funny thing happened on the way to Mexico...life happened.  Neil and I have gotten many emails, phone calls, and other in the last couple of days to see if we are ok. Yes we are ok. We have had to deal with a lot of little things over the last few months both financial and physical (dealing with Neil's spinal issue) and we were hoping that most of it would be over and done with by this time. In fact we thought most of the headaches now involved would be over with....but they are not and we have not been given a definative answer as to "when" it will all be over. Some of you have said..."just go" and boy would I love to ..really you have no idea how hard it is to stay when I can see the Coronado Islands and can literally "see" Mexico. In fact for 5 bucks I can go to Tijuana for the day and back again!

Ugh! Most of our friends should be rounding into Cabo within the next day or so. Oh I wish the best for them. With that I will not lament over it any further...

We have had a really good time here so far. Having the beach close by is awsome! The kids are in the water all the time and the view is absolutely gorgeous. Today Neil and I went into the city to get a new sim card for the phones and I must say that it is night and day when compared to San Francisco..no offense San Diego! HaHa..The transit system is a lot less complicated here though and it makes for an easy run to wherever you need to go. We do plan on doing a lot of bus travel to neighboring beaches and quaint little towns. We also plan on cruising through the Islands here in the next few weeks as well as that trip into Mexico.

A lot of people have said it is far easier to just bus it in to Mexico, get all your visas and what not while you are there and bus it back...so we may just have to see if thats true.

All in all, we are all well, relaxing in the sun while we wait it out, and having fun with life....and yes, I am getting my "bronze on" haha....later I will get into the whole "permit" mess here...but for tonight....I give you more pictures... :o)








2 comments:

Aireus said...

Great pictures. Please let us know how the visa thing goes so we can follow in your foot steps or not lol I/we are living through your eyes and wonder about everything you do> Were about a year behind. you. Still have to do alot alot alot did I say alot of work on our boat before she is ready to chase after you all. I have e to have a sleep number bed in the aft cabin and the platform is ready to paint then close it in with wood work. we will install the pur 40E water maker and do the spreaders before we go and have the whole boat painted. Mike didn't do his taxes for yrs and now we r going to pay for that dearly.Lol We are taking the boat out of his name so no one can come take it sense I am the one who has paid for it in the last 10 yrs> We only owe 4881.31 on her. how cool is that. I am very interested in your ssb thingie and how u send your posts and what that cost. We need something like that to keep in touch with people. and a radar thigie too lol. Mike just wants to go before something bad happens. Me to This has been his dream and now its mine to. I look forward to heading out the gate for a sail and making that left a nd never coming back but taking our time heading down the coast. Like take 6 months to get to long beach by harbor hopping and going to the islands and what not. I SOOOoooooo look forward to reading your posts everyday and worry when I don't see anything going on. I know w didn't know each other very well but I did watch your kids grow up into fine young sailors and both of you too. Its just amazing how much and how far you have gone, WOW big wow. OK keep it coming and good luck with things. LOVE UR Friends Vicki Mike and the Zoo crew

handfull said...

Vicki!! (hubby and zoo crew too)
Isn't funny how things turn out? I am very hopefull that we all can be on our way soon...as it stands there are a few tardy sailors besides us...conga line down the coast anyone? haha!!Let me know how your projects come out...you all spoiled with your fancy bed.....but I do enjoy my memory foam bed...hehe! hugs all around.