Monday, May 10, 2010

and now for a little bit of pretty












We moved our boat down a few slips this weekend. We have given our slip to Michael and taken up residence next to Joyce and Barry. (Jubilee II). Daisy is in hog heaven as Joyce loves to spoil her with chicken! I swear sometimes I question Daisy's loyalty when it comes to her belly! haha.

Well I finally got the couches covered. No more gray and black stripes! I have basically made fitted sheets for them. This will alow me to take them off and wash them when they get dirty. On the plus side, if I decide that I want green ones...or rainbow for that matter, it is literally 2 hours and poof! New couches. We hope to get them professionally done down the line. Memory foam underlay would be nice. Either way I am happy. Now, about that floor!

The weather has been crazy the last few days so it puts a damper on things. However we have enjoyed the time spent as a family, and with friends. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy?" Nope! It just plain sucks! So we always make time for fun.

I have to say that after recanting our first couple of outings on the Cal 2-30 years ago with Joyce and Barry last night, that we must have really wanted it! Seagulls dive bombing our friend Mike, being at the mercy of this bays crazy current on no wind days....dragging anchor on our first overnight to realize we are now facing a different bridge!....crash landing into the dock....oh the memories.....Having an engine has made a huge difference, although I never count on it!

I absolutely love this lifestyle. I am perfectly content with the fact that its not for everybody. I truly am enjoying the life I have been given.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love the pictures, Tiff. You are really talented! I want to come see you guys sometime. There was a time there right after Katie went home that I nearly caught a flight for the weekend. I just miss you guys. Reading about how you get used to the rocking of the boat at night... That is so cool. I could see getting used it. I can't wait for your trip!