Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodbye Chest Tubes, You will Not be Missed!

Today they took out my chest tubes. The pain associated with them just "yanking" them out was hard to bare but the after effect of not having them in has been nice. The plus side is I can freely walk around. The swelling in my legs has gone down, in fact I think they said I have lost close to 8 liters of fluid from my legs, and still going. The lung which had the tubes in it however still has some fluid in it and is partially colapsed. They have taken me off of the oxygen and lowered my pain medicine down to 1/3 of what I was getting...this was all a bit hard to take.

It seemed like too much all at once and it left me a bit on the emotional side this morning when I was told to grin and bear it. Nothing like going cold turkey after being so careful to keep the pain to a minimum on the previous days.

I am to have another chest x ray tonight to see what everything looks like. They are saying they may send me home tomorrow with antibiotics and pain killers. I am nervous that I am still not 100% and the fact that my lung is "sticking" to itself and to the gook, is not making me want to leave until that issue is resolved. So.....we shall see. Pray they are not trying to rush me out just so I can come back in with the same problems. I would rather have it all gone, or at least have my lung fully opened up...I am complaining now because I am concerned....anyway...Thank you for all your prayers and I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I love you. You are in my thoughts and prayers, sis.

Aireus said...

I think you can tell them that your not ready to go hme and give them the reasons. DONT GO if your not ready I know when I was in back a few yrs ago they wanted too kick me out ad me and my mother told them no way that we werent ready yet and gave them a few reasons and they let me stay three more days. GOOD LUCK Glad your starting to feel better. Hope your well by the 24th or when we are down there so maybe we can go sailing with you all.