Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Penthouse Suite

"Movin on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky eye eye eye...I finally got a piece of the pie!" (Sing with me)

Well I am now on the top floor of the hospital which is referred to as the penthouse suite. I have my own private room that comes with an incredible view and a cozy little cott for one guest. It is all inclusive...looks like I got my spa treatment afterall. Ha Ha.

Now as far as my status goes....Over the last few days I have had numerous tests once again. This includes an EKG, and another chest test (can't remember what it is called) where they do and ultrasound on my heart and all around the arteries, ventricals and tubes. I have had ultrasound on my liver (this was because my liver showed signs of damage a few days ago) along with my gallbladder and a few other organs. I have had about 4 chest x rays and one more CT scan. They added more fluid to my lungs in hopes of flushing some of it out. They have done this before without hitch. This time they pumped in 50 cc's and only 25 came out...then the tube readjusted itself causing a huge amount of pain. After doing a chest x ray and than the CT scan they found that the suction hose had slipped and was sucking the lung wall which is why I was in pain. So they shut it down for the night and we will start over tomorrow.

They switched antibiotics and found this to be the cause of the liver issue. The new medicine does not attack the liver like the first one so that issue is over with. All the other organs looked good along with my heart. I do have an extra piece of "tissue" that is in one of my ateries. It does not harm or hinder me. They said it is more like an eyesore. I was happy to hear my heart is very strong.

The swelling in my legs and sides is still pretty high. I am elevating my legs, on diuretics and trying to walk when I can. I have to be on oxygen at all times as I only have one good lung right now.

The word for tomorrow is that I may need surgery on my lungs and chest in order to remove any additional pockets once the tubes come out. I may need to stay with the tubes for 2 more days, followed by possible surgery and a few more days for antibiotics. They want to ensure that I come out of it with no permanent lung damage. The other good news is that from my stupid days of self indulgence....ie. I smoked ciggarettes when I was younger....that my lungs have made full recovery after being without for close to ten years now. Phew! And kids.....DON"T SUCK BUTTS!!!

Tonight Katie is my guest in my penthouse suite and tomorrow Stewart may take her place. I am so very thankful for them alowing my family to be in here.

Thank you for all the phone calls, cards, and emails. I didn't realize what a tremendous extended family I have and how fortunate and thankful I am for it!

Keep me in your prayers, and love to you all!

No comments: