Friday, January 14, 2011

Out and about

Tuesday was my first day out and about. I walked about a 1/2 mile alltogether. Neil has to remind me constantly not to overdo it. It is so hard as I feel so much better and I think the decision to come home and be with my family instead of waiting it out in the hospital was the best choice. Looking at the records from the hospital it seems so bizarre to read that 2 weeks ago my left lung was full of fluid and almost 90% collapsed from it. I think I am close to 15% now and hoping for the very best outcome. My hope is to end up with less than 5% permanent damage. (The doctors have let me know that there is a chance of some permanent damage, but I am confident that I will recover well enough to not even notice). I am still on medicine and will continue to do so for the next week and a half. My pain has gone from an 8-9 out of 10 to a 4-5. I still get a little dizzy when I move around and the medicine makes me nauseous, so when the boat is rocking…I feel like a “nubie” on the water and try not to blow chunks!! Ha ha. It is weird when you have gone from riding your bike every day and walking around so much to sitting and resting and when you do want to get up and go, your body says, “I don’t think so” and simple acts of climbing the steps to go outside or making the bed feel like Olympic events. Yet, there is progress and I am thankful for every day.
The weather has been spectacular for January. It has not dropped below 60 during the day and the nights have been fairly dry. Neil and I are talking about getting a mooring ball or looking into getting a transient slip for a few months. I think it is safe to say that we really cannot “go and do” too far away until his issue with his back is finished. This also means that San Diego will be our new home for more than just the winter. We need to do some “re-grouping” so to speak. If all goes well both kids could realistically finish school this year…can you imagine? We shall see. We do want to make family fun time the biggest priority overall.
It seems like once you say “ok, we are here for a while” you can go ahead and relax. So here's to relaxing!

Katie has made another video. She has a few more to post soon. Her and Stewart have made some pretty goofy ones too! They have such a great imaginations! Check this one out:

2 comments:

Aireus said...

GREAT VIDEO..... Everyone is doing great In San Diego. We met up with them and had BBQ and then went for a sail. Tiffn is doing great only two weeks after being in the hospital. It sure was great to see everyone.

handfull said...

So glad we got to see you....be safe on your upcoming trip!