Thursday, January 6, 2011

Homeward Bound

Tomorrow I get to go home, with stipulations. My lungs are still not 100%. I have a partially colapsed lung and some fluid and gunk in the left lung. Now it does sound worse than it is. I will be recovering now at the same rate whether I am here at the hospital or at home. I have to stay on some heavy duty antibiotics for the next few weeks. I have a breathing exerciser that I have to stay faithful to hourly for the next few weeks as well. I will need pain medicine until my lungs open up properly or until they have healed enough that I don't feel huge discomfort. I can definately feel the holes where the tubes were when I breathe. I can walk around fairly well now and my legs are almost back to normal. I have lost nearly 10 liters of fluid from them. I am a bit nervous as I will have to be overly cautious of public places with lots of people in an inclosed area...ie, grocery stores...coffee shops..etc...but if I do go into these establishments the need for a mask will be great. So I will get my packages of masks and wear them like you would a coat for a while. Neil and Katie have been thoroughly scrubbing the boat and I will be returning to a very clean and welcome boat. Stewart has been keeping me company here at the hospital for the last 2 days, I am happy he is here. The next two weeks I will be just resting and focusing on getting my lungs opened up. I will have a follow up in about two or three weeks and have another chest x ray to see how I have progressed. So it sounds like I am not out of the woods completely but I am better and on the road to recovery. Thank you to all of you for your prayers. Without them I think I would not be going home just yet. There are a few others on this floor who have been in here with the same thing for a month or better. I do not want that!! Cheer me on!

No comments: