Friday, April 29, 2011

loving SoCal!

We headed up the coast on Wednesday for a little fun in the sun. We finally got to sail the whole way with decent wind, big waves (for here..some hitting close to 10 ft) that were fairly close together at times making for a fun ride. It made us feel like we were back in good ole San Fran for a while. We got a nice little dolphin show as they seem to be moving closer to shore to round up fish into a tight little bait ball. One of them jumped a good 12 feet in the air. It was amazing to see. This is why I feel so fortunate to live where I live and how I live. I never get tired of seeing the sea creatures put on a show.

The sun has not let up and we are certainly enjoying the heat. Yesturday the kids and I started a water fight on shore that ended with some wrestling type moves that resulted in some dunking. Later Neil took them back to the boat in the skiff and I ended up swimming back. Then we proceeded to do our best to splash Neil and the dogs by doing cannon balls off the bow of the boat for the next hour!

Today Katie was my diving partner and after we were done scrubbing Hand Full's bottom we got to sit and watch the many tiny fish, who seemed to be stalking us, swim around. I was sure proud of her and of Stewart for being such good helpers. Foster was not sure what to do with himself this time while I was in the water. He kept pacing frantically back and forth watching me go under the water and than follow the bubbles. Neil got a little video clip of him. It was sure cute. That dog is so attatched to me that he really does spend the majority of his day just being near me. When I am not, he drives everyone crazy. I sure do love that little guy! The water was not as clear today as before, but that is to be expected now that the season is changing.We all can't wait to be in clearer water that's for sure. The water was so much warmer this time than last time and it made it hard to get out of the water...yet after a few hours the hunger bug grabs hold with a vengence!

We hope to meet up with some friends who are returning from Chile. They left their boat down there and have been in Cabo running a charter boat for a while. I am looking forward to chatting them up with 20 questions about their adventures below the equator.

On the way back to San Diego we may head a little further offshore  to see if we can catch some "Feesh." However, the boys are starting to wonder if there are in fact any fish in the ocean! We are open to suggestions!

It has been a wonderful start to spring for us. Neil is getting treated and progress is being made. The kid's are getting to know more local kids and enjoy the perks of living in a warmer environment.We try to keep our sense of humors at all times especially when faced with all of lifes little obstacles. It is like Plato said " Life must be lived as play." I must say I, at least,  can't stop grinning! :o)`









No comments: