Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time flys when you are having fun....

I can't believe it is the first week of December and it is still in the mid  60's to low 70's...Love it! It seems so bizzare to see the Christmas lights and decorations going up everywhere. I do enjoy seeing the city, which is growing on me, outside my window all lit up at night. I have gotten used to the 7am schedule change of the coast guard helicopters as they hover loudly overhead. I almost can't hear them and when I do it's like...time to get up and make some coffee!

Our 30 day city front permit is almost up! Wow! It has gone by so fast. We will be pulling bakc into Glorietta Bay for 9 days here real soon than back to the city for Christmas. I look forward to be right next to the beach again. Time to break out the surf boards and boogie boards for a couple of days anyway.

Neil has had some progress recently at least in the way of paperwork. It is rather frustrating playing the "Paper Chase" with everyone before anything starts to happen...all the ducks in a row I guess. Now the last of it is coming in and we should have a green light starting the end of the year. I think realistically we may be spending a good chunk of winter here. I am fine with this, New Year, New Advenure right? It has only been a year in the making but hey, that's what this game of life is all about.

We have gotten rather good at getting around town on our folding bicycles. It does look a little funny seeing two bikes and two people running around in a skiff every other day...but I am enjoying it. My leg muscles are still lacking but my stamina is better. I did invest in a padded seat cover in order to spare my "hiny" from any more discomfort..I do not know how the spandex wearing small seated bikers do it...my ass hurts just looking at them! haha!

We are looking forward to seeing Neil's sister here tomorrow. She is one of the sweetest ladies and also one of the prettiest red heads I have ever met! Although it will be a short visit I am glad that she is going to be here. I don't think Neil has seen her in person for over 4 years, maybe longer..same for me. Katie was the last to see her in person on her ranch last year...so watch out San Diego! haha.

To Jim and Kara...you know, we may just have our stuff together come February and you may just have us in tow afterall!! I think I can handle hot weather and warm water for...well....ever?? Keep me posted!

I know this one is a little lacking on the fascinating scale...the sunny days blend one into another...no schedules...just family, together, chilling out and enjoying each others company, exploring the city, on the boat, goofing off....sounds like a Halmark commercial, only this one is true! haha!

Stay warm everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to get an update, LOVE the paintings! Jim and I plan to fly to La Paz 3rd week of Feb, and will scope out marinas from la paz to Todos Santos. We will certainly stay in touch, and hope to pick you up in San Diego along the way.

We love you, Merry Christmas!
Jim and Kara