Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Well I am not dead yet!

Hello boys and girls. I am sorry it has been a while since I have been on here. Right now I am sitting in my bed at the San Diego Medical Center. It seems that I contracted pneumonia and not the easy to fix kind. After a week (just at Christmas) of feeling crappy, I had to have Neil pull in the boat to the police dock and call 911. I thought I was in a dream, my heart was screaming, and my fever would not go down....along with several other things. After a few x rays and sonograms they confirmed the pneumonia they have proceeded with the following. A C T scan, and they stuck needles into my lungs and literally punctured them and withdrew samples, I have had several sonograms since. I guess my left side is full of fluid and it had some bacteria in it that has now spread into my blood. My white cells are pretty high.

They are not sure yet how long I will be in here. It could be a few days or a few weeks. Neil was nice enough to bring in my pc so I can update everyone.

I find it highly ironic that while we are stuck in port waiting for Neil's mess to be over with that I am the one who is in trouble!

The kids and Neil are doing fine. Katie is a great cook( taught her well) and Stew is the dishwasher king. I guess Foster is going a bit nutty and is in turn driving everyone else nuts too! haha

We had a great Christmas. Thank you to those of you who sent cards, and sorry to those I havent yet sent out.

I wanted to post our family's Christmas pic on Christmas Eve, but will do it now instead...

Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. I will try to update everyday that I can. We love you all and hope that everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends!

No comments: